The Greater Osceola area is developing a talent pipeline that will set an example for the rest of the nation.
GREATER OSCEOLA HAS SKILLED PEOPLE NOW.
- 60,000 Osceola County residents commute to jobs in other areas each day. These people would much rather work closer to home if good jobs become available.
- The Orlando metro area has a labor force of over 2 million people within a one hour drive.
- There are over 500,000 college and university students within 100 miles.
GREATER OSCEOLA IS WORKING TO FILL THE PIPELINE.
- Osceola County provides funding for STEM education in the School District of Osceola County, the only county in Florida to do so.
- Nearly 58,000 students in the District attend award winning schools, including:
- Professional and Technical High School (PATHS) and earn industry certifications and college credit.
- Technical Education Center of Osceola (TECO) also provides certifications and adult education.
- The School District is working with TECO, Valencia College, the University of Central Florida and industry partners to develop specific technical education opportunities to local students and residents.
FUNDING AVAILABLE FOR WORKFORCE TRAINING
- CareerSource Central Florida provides funding to companies to train new or incumbent workers.