In Greater Osceola, the dream of owning your own home can be a reality.
- Housing in Greater Osceola is a real value. In March 2015, the average price of a home in the Orlando MSA was $172,613. The average sales price of a home in Osceola County was $160,000, 7.8% less than the Metro average (12% less than Seminole County and 20.9% less than Orange County).
- A wide variety of housing is available in Osceola County, including:
- Lakefront living around Lake Toho, East Lake Toho and many other lakes and waterways.
- Large lot, estate-type developments.
- New Urbanism-type developments (like Harmony or Celebration).
- Established, tree-shaded development close to downtowns and employment centers.
For those interested in renting, a wide variety of apartments and homes are available:
- As an example, 1,000 new units of market rate apartments are under construction near The Loop.
- New mixed-use developments are planned for downtown Kissimmee, near Lakefront Park and the new SunRail station.